Tuesday, January 18, 2011

First things first

I actually started this blog as a recommendation that it would help me lose weight.  On the 12th I decided to put on some music and dance to it.  I listened to the whole cd and got a fairly decent workout from it.  Since then, I've made myself a playlist on iTunes for exercise.  I've worked out a few times.  It's a little tricky to do with a 2 yr old hanging out, especially when I do some kickboxing moves.  I don't have much room in my office right now.  I'm waiting on carpet cleaning and then I can go downstairs and use the family room and all my exercise discs.
I should get this out of the way - I'm getting close to 220, again.  I didn't lose much weight after having my son.  Last March, I was visiting my grandma in Texas and she was doing Weight Watchers.  It worked for her and gave me an idea.  I started counting points in May and lost 11.6 lbs in 7 weeks.  I was feeling good, but lazy.  I wasn't exercising, just watching the food I ate.  I figured I had it down.  I knew how much to fill in my bowl without using the measuring cups anymore.  But I was tired of counting points and so I stopped.  I've hovered in that general weight for the last 6 months.  Now the weight is starting to creep back on and I've had enough!
I'm tired of being fat.  I hate the way I look in clothes.  I had clothes that I love and think I look good in and then I see myself in pictures and it's awful!  I used to be a skinny person.  And that's what I'd like to be again.  I think it would help with my relationships, personal & professional.  I think it would make me a happier person.  And it would help me enjoy the things I used to do and can't do anymore.  Have you ever tried finding and then fitting size 36Ks into a jog bra - not happening!
I should probably stop writing and start moving while the boy is distracted :D

1 comment:

  1. I worked out for 28:28 and cool down was another 5:24 - Thanks Garbage 2.0!
    I feel good!

    ReplyDelete